This Tropical Banana Smoothie recipe is brought to you by Guest Blogger Debbie of DebbieDonato.com.
Winter time is just not the right season to get me in the mood for a smoothie. What I need is the sun and warmth of summer time to get me in the mood for a refreshing smoothie.
This recipe that I am sharing is all the flavors that inspire me during the summer months. Imagine going for a morning run and rewarding yourself at home with this tropical banana smoothie. If running is not your thing imagine working in the garden seeing a neighbor and putting yard work on the back burner so you could invite the neighbor over for a tropical smoothie on the porch. Better yet you cut the grass and your loved one has this tropical smoothie waiting for you. I could list more scenarios, but I think you get the picture.
This is a refreshing drink that can be a thick drink with less ice and juice or just the follow the recipe for a perfect liquid smoothie. And for those extra hot days just add a little extra crushed ice to the glass before pouring the smoothie to keep it cool longer. However, if enjoying smoothie during the hottest time of day, I would also recommend a frosty mug filled with distilled water so smoothie remains cold without diluting drink, unless of course you are a fast drinker then extra glass not needed.
If this tropical smoothie doesn’t fit into your day until after dinner, why not try adding a splash of coconut rum paired with some coconut/shortbread cookies or vanilla/pound cake for a perfect chillin dessert combination. If a party is on tap serve a dessert-version of tropical smoothie in small glasses as a mini dessert add on. Enjoy!
Tropical Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups of pineapple coconut juice
- 1 cups of ice
- 1 8 oz./or 1 container of vanilla yogurt
- 1 8 oz. container of diced pineapple, or 1 cup of fresh pineapple
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- If smaller blender, place only ½ of the ingredients in at a time.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple slices.
- Optional: Add 2 tablespoons of flax seeds. Instead of yogurt from refrigerator, use frozen yogurt. Dessert situation, add desired amount of coconut rum. Serves 4.