These Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs are sooooo good! Better than the real thing, I’d say. And even better that you made it yourself!
I made them for Easter and drizzled with colored chocolate on top. The kids and my husband gobbled them up, and I wish I had made more. Thankfully I reserved half of the peanut butter batter, so I will be making more!
Have you ever had a Peanut Butter Buckeye? They are very similar to that.
You don’t have to make egg shapes, you can also roll them into balls and make chocolate peanut butter truffles and “wow” your friends.
Recipe adapted from What Meghan’s Cooking. I forgot to take a photo of the inside, so I wanted to be sure you saw the creamy peanut butter middle.
- 1 lb + 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 lb melting chocolate, melted
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together, form into egg shapes, and place onto wax paper.
- Place in freezer and freeze until firm.
- Take a couple of eggs out at a time (so they don't begin to get soft) and dip into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to set
- Decorate with colored melted chocolate, or leave plain.