Sometimes you just want to get dinner on the table and not have to do much thinking or planning. These easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are prefect for those nights. Only 2 ingredients! Just toss a package of drumsticks (or chicken thighs or breasts) into the slow cooker and pour on your favorite barbecue sauce. I like to use Sweet Baby Ray’s. I would only cook the chicken for 3-4 hours max, otherwise the bones tend to get brittle and may break.
If you want to get really fancy, then go ahead and add some salt and pepper or some chili flakes or a touch of honey. But make dinner easy on yourself tonight…the barbecue sauce really is enough! Add some steamed broccoli or a baked potato (or both!) and you have an easy dinner. Enjoy the night off! 😉
- 2 pounds skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce
- honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add package of chicken to slow cooker.
- Pour barbecue sauce over chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with mashed potato and steamed broccoli.