I was in the store the other day and came across these pretty little marshmallow eggs and knew I wanted to make a special Easter treat with them for the kids. They are flavored, too – strawberry, lemon, lime and orange! They came together in just minutes and it was a perfect treat that the kids could even help with.
I melted the chocolate and dipped the marshmallows in, only about halfway though so you could still see the egg shape and marbling on the marshmallows.I put them on sticks and the kids sprinkled away. With my help, of course. My 2 year old shakes the sprinkles ALL. OVER. We’ll have to work on that. But he loves to help mommy in the kitchen, so who can resist?
They would make a cute display for an Easter table or party too. Just place a small piece of foam (find at Dollar Tree or a hobby store like Michael’s or JoAnn Fabrics) in a small bucket or pail, add Easter grass, then place the marshmallow pops in. Instant cuteness!
You can find more fun Spring Treat Recipes for kids here.
- Marshmallows Eggs (I used half a bag)
- Lollipop Sticks, 8″ long
- Chocolate, 8 oz. melted
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or cup.
2. Dip the bottoms of marshmallows into the melted chocolate, then dip about 1 inch of the stick into the chocolate and quickly place into the bottom of the marshmallow, pushing most of the way inside towards the top.
3. Place onto wax paper and add sprinkles immediately before they set.
4. To set up the chocolate quickly, place them into the fridge for about 5 minutes.
Find more Easter ideas on our Pinterest board!